March has been such a month of change. Spring is here, and the lighter evenings have been so welcome.
Last year I shared things I’d ‘made and discovered’ every Friday, which just hasn’t felt manageable this year, but sharing a few monthly favourites probably is, so here are a few things I have been loving this month:
- Stacey Dooley – I love Stacey Dooley. Her documentaries are my favourite, and I have watched every single one over the last couple of years. She chooses a specific issue and really focuses in on it. She is down to earth, and cares so much for the people she speaks to. I must add that her documentaries can be incredibly disturbing – especially her most recent one based in Japan, and another based in Iraq with Yazidi fighters. I have so much respect for her, and think her work is so important.
- Rhubarb flower candle from M&S – I have bought this candle three times, because the smell is just so delicious. The smell is an acquired one, and I would recommend that you like rhubarb.
- Spinning – I tried spinning at the beginning of the year, but this month I have been more consistent with it. It is at 6am or 6.15am, which is a bit of a killer, but it is such a good start to the day. I can’t get through one full class without stopping, which really frustrates me.
- Beauty and the Beast – Jared surprised me the other week by getting babysitters, so we could see Beauty and the Beast together. It totally, totally blew me away. I couldn’t have enjoyed it any more than I did – I loved everything about it. Sorry to get so gushy.
- La Roche-Posay BB cream – I’ve mentioned before that I don’t know the first or last thing about make up. I have literally had the same routine for about 5 years, however recently I have added a BB cream by La Roche-Posay, and I’m getting on swimmingly with it. It is quicker than foundation, and evens out the surface of my skin in a way that I love.
- Asos shoes – Asos have some gorgeous mules and loafers in stock at the moment. Real leather, and very reasonably priced. Although, if these weren’t £108 – they would be mine!
- Magnolia trees – On our street there are quite a few magnolia trees, and I have loved watching the flowers gently open day by day. Stunning. Especially with a blue sky.
- Wellwoman – January/February time I had a real problem with greasy hair and skin. I tried changing shampoo, washing my hair more, but nothing seemed to work. I decided that it must be hormonal, so bought some Wellwoman supplements and they have made a huge difference. It’s the only thing I can put it down to.
- The Replacement – Jared and I really enjoyed watching the three episodes of ‘The Replacement’. Three episodes felt manageable for us, and despite a few plot holes we really enjoyed it.
- Zara – I am loving so many things from Zara at the moment. I especially love all of the embroidered cotton blouses. The cuts, the florals and the colours are perfect.
What have you loved about March?
This is not a sponsored post.