What a difference a year makes. It’s marvellous isn’t it? From a helpless newborn, to a moving, babbling one year old, full of personality. O was born on Easter Sunday last year – two weeks late and a healthy 9lb 11. He adds such peace to our home. He is calm. An observer and always watching us. I cannot wait for him to walk, it will give him so much freedom.
Little things I don’t want to forget as you turn one:
- The way you climb up to me on the sofa in desperation. Like you can’t wait to see me.
- They way you make beeline for the stairs, or the toilet as soon as you hear a door open, and the way you crawl faster as we start chasing after you.
- The way you shake your head when you’re just about to do something you know you’re not supposed to – like throwing your plate on the floor.
- How chatty you are. I feel like we have proper conversations – I say something, you reply, and it can carry on for quite some time. You remind me of Win, and I imagine that you are persuading me that putting your head down the toilet is a good idea, or that you should be allowed fruit for every meal.
- The way you sit right by my feet when I’m cooking dinner.
- How pleased you are with yourself when you stand up. You like to make sure we are all watching.
- At bedtime you always grab the front seat at story time. You climb over everyone to make sure you have the best view.
- They way you start flapping as I open the fridge, and you often point at the snack cupboard.
- How you love going in the bath and shower with your brothers.
- How you talk to the canvases of Ru and Win on the wall. I always imagine you are telling me what you like about each of them.
- How big your teeth are. Exactly like both of your brothers. You have six.
- How adventurous you are at playgroup. You have a go at everything. I’ve learnt that sitting in the ‘baby area’ is pointless.
So delicious… I can’t get over how fast that year went. He is an absolute delight x
I know! It’s insane! Such a fun age now though! x
Oh Esther. He is just perfect. His little face and those chubby baby legs! Love him x
Thanks Donna xxx