I have had a great week getting busy in the kitchen, almost always post bedtime. Ru is not the most useful helper, and asks on average every five seconds if he can try some of the mixture (!) I’ve been listening to Kisstory and embracing the mess. If you missed my gifts for giving ideas, you can find them below. The final one goes live tonight. I also had a very quick go at making a concrete planter because I couldn’t wait any longer!
Here is what else I’ve been up to:
- Concrete planter – I keep seeing concrete cropping up everywhere. In Sweden they were mad for it, and it really tickled my mum and I – what would we see next made of concrete? It appears that the possibilities are endless. I got curious, and decided to have a little go myself. I bought some fine ‘just add water’ concrete and it was so easy. I may write a little tutorial once I’ve had a little more practice. The hardest part is being patient enough for it to dry completely.
- Gifts for giving – bread, grissini and chutney, hot chocolate and biscotti, fortune cookies, fudge and truffles, ending with meze jars this evening.
- Copper wire lights – I adore these at the moment. They are brilliant because you can bend them into shape and the light they give out is so subtle. Wilkos has a great selection.
- Magazine subscription voucher – Not sure what to buy someone for Christmas? A magazine subscription voucher could be the answer. You can either email them the voucher, or print it off yourself and present it in a card. It’s the perfect answer to any tricky people you may have left.
- Little Passports giveaway – I’m excited to say that I have a 3-month subscription to Little Passports to giveaway. The subscriptions are suitable for 3-12 year olds, and the winner can choose any subscription they fancy. Read my review here to find out more, and enter here to be in with a chance of winning. Please see below for T&Cs.
Just over one week until Christmas – have an amazing weekend!
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- The prize is to win a 3 month Little Passports subscription of your choice.
- The giveaway will run for 7 days. Friday 16th December – Friday 23rd December 2016.
- The winner will be announced via Twitter and contacted by email.
- If the winner does not respond within 36 hours, another winner will be selected at random.
- Unfortunately it is only open to those living in the UK.
This is not a sponsored post.