Half term is upon us, and I have promised the boys lots of crafting. All our supplies are on the table, and we are going to embrace the mess. I have stocked up on essentials like pom poms (Win loves) and googly eyes (Ru loves). This week has been a funny one as I was sick on Wednesday. I felt shocking, but then the next day it was like it never happened. Really strange.
Autumn makes it very easy to feel creative. It’s like Mother Nature is throwing everything at us, saying: “Take it home, do something with it, and enjoy it”…and never one to acknowledge Halloween pre-children – now I think it is such a good excuse to have a bit of fun. Why not?
Here is what else I’ve been up to:
- Pumpkin lantern – This sweet lantern is found in Red Ted Art. All you need is a jar, glue, black card and orange tissue paper.
- Pumpkin stamps – Chop an apple in half and use to create a pumpkin shape. It wasn’t as messy as I imagined! I’ve also seen printed spiders using toilet rolls which looked good fun.
- Bat biscuits – I bought some bat biscuit cutters, and can’t wait to make some a little closer to Halloween.
- Wild Times – I’ve mentioned Wild Times before but it is a really cute magazine that the boys receive through the post for being RSPB members. We always have a great time working through the projects in there. Win is determined to get his artwork featured one day!
- Sarah Bendrix & Kids – A really beautiful website if you’re looking for a special, sweet little toy for a small person.
- Geoffrey & Grace – I love discovering a new blog, and this is one I have loved recently. It’s thoughtful and serene. Far more serene than I will ever be!
Hooray it’s the weekend!