This week I had no plans, but it turned out to be a full one. I love having no plans, just as much as I love having plans; so we can see where the wind takes us. One thing’s for sure – the house has suffered, and we need to get on top if it again. I feel excited to get a bit of structure back in our lives once Win starts school, and Ru has started to ask where play group has gone!
Here is what I’ve been up to:
- Play dough – Win has asked me a few times this week to make play dough and we finally got around to it. Here is the recipe I use. Win asked to add vanilla, and then we decided to add orange too, so it smelt divine. That is the extent of our making this week!
- Sainsbury’s homeware – I popped into Sainsbury’s this week and was so impressed with their homeware. I came out with Christmas presents and all sorts. It was all on sale, and I was so pleased.
- Pallet furniture – Our patio has been finished and I would love to create a cosy little seating area. I’ve seen lots of pallet furniture around and think it’s great as you can move it around and change combinations. What do you think? Have you seen it work anywhere, or is best left for Pinterest?
- My favourite ever blog is Homesong. I’ve mentioned it before, but it is just so incredible. Amanda’s house looks and feel so serene. Her posts are calm and full of really useful tips, plus she loves using essential oils. This week I got a bit obsessed with her ‘Rhythm of Cleaning’. I was so inspired by it, even though given the choice between cleaning and a day out, I would 100% always choose a day out. Maybe that is where I am going wrong?
- I have to mention The Bake Off and Victoria this week. I’m really enjoying both, plus Poldark is back on Sunday. Autumn is coming!
Happy weekend lovely people!