If I could choose one word to describe this week, it would be – humid. I’ve had to change most days, because it’s ended up being gloriously sunny. September always seem to turn out to be a good one! We’ve been having ‘lights out’ for the kids between 6-6:30pm for the last couple of weeks, rather than 7pm and it is making a difference. They don’t tend to lie in, but they will go to bed earlier, and seem to be happier for it.
Here is what I’ve been up to:
- Sponge cake – Win miraculously decided he could ride a bike this week (after I told him we could bake any cake he wanted if he managed to do it). He chose a Victoria sponge with fruit and a train on top. He is so pleased with himself, and I still can’t believe it. He was miles away last time we tried.
- Homesense stationery – It’s no secret that Homesense have an amazing stationery section. I needed to stock up on cards and buying them in packs is so much cheaper. They have some gorgeous ones currently in store.
- Recipe books – I use recipe books almost every day, and know the ones I have quite well. I’ve really enjoyed cooking this week, and my favourite book is Fearne Cotton’s ‘Cook Happy, Cook Healthy’ at the moment. It’s fantastic and really well balanced.
- The Tipi – A beautiful, beautiful website for all things nursery, mum and baby. Favourite products include a changing basket, a white rocking horse and a sweet pom pom garland.
- Urbanara – Another stunning homeware website. It’s all quite heavenly, just looking at it makes me feel peaceful.
- IKEA foldaway rucksack – I bought a foldaway rucksack from IKEA a couple of weeks ago and it is brilliant. It only cost £2.50 and certainly comes in handy for shopping, or a trip to the park.
Hope your weekend is a relaxing one!
This is not a sponsored post.