This week has whizzed past – not in a good way. The days seem so short since Win started school, and I’ve felt like the days have just disappeared. I hope I can find a way of slowing them down again. Ru is loving having all the toys to himself when we’re home, and I’m excited to spend our weekend with Win around.
I’m enjoying the school run (so far) more than I thought I would – I need the exercise and it’s so nice to be outside.
- Soup – Soup season is underway. This week we’ve had a spicy vegetable one, and a sweet potato and parsnip one. I put all the veg, plus water and bouillon into my slow cooker in the morning, and then just blitz it with a hand blender and add seasoning before serving. In the past I have found it such a long process, and this way you don’t have to pan watch.
- Autumn leaves – Win is always collecting things – seeds, dandelions, daisies, buttercups and leaves. We made this simple snake out of leaves to show the different colours of autumn.
- Weaning – I’ve started giving O some basic fruits and vegetables this week so I’ve stocked the freezer with various purées. There is nothing worse than not having something on hand when they get hungry for food!
- Super Skinny Me – I came across this website earlier in the week whilst researching workouts, and it is really fantastic. From body type, to workouts, to smoothies, to replenishing your body, to putting on weight and running programmes. It really is brilliant and so easy to understand.
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying by Marie Kondo – My older sister has just leant me this book as she really loved it. I’m told her method will not just transform my house, but it will change me too. I’m excited to discover a permanent decluttering method.
- Drake & Hutch – Drake & Hutch have set up a campaign to bring manufacturing of chunky cotton socks back to the UK. They do sound really cosy! You can find out more here.
Have an enjoyable weekend!