This week seems to have lasted forever. Not in a good or a bad way. It has just seemed so long, with lots of days that feel like they are two in one, because so many things happen in just one day. Jared has also been ill off work two days, plus all the holiday washing and unpacking, so it’s felt very disjointed. We’re also having some work done on our garden, which will be so nice when it’s finished. The boys loved baking a cake with me this week.
Here is what I’ve been up to:
- Indoor zoo – We’ve had fun creating a few indoor zoos in our lounge. They wouldn’t agree to play nicely together, so they made separate ones (!) We’ve also had a few tea parties.
- A raspberry and white chocolate cake – This was originally two layers, but I decided to add a third because it looked a bit flat. It has so much butter, cream and chocolate in the recipe!
- Laura Ashley AW16 collection – Incase you missed my feature on the Laura Ashley blog featuring this fabulous dress. You can find it here.
- Smoothie ice lollies – A banana, frozen blueberries, cashew nut butter and coconut milk. My kids love them and they’re also ok for breakfast!
- Creativity and caring about the world – Without doubt my favourite read this week. Mel has summed up something I struggle with on almost a daily basis at the moment. So inspiring and thought provoking.
Enjoy your bank holiday weekend!