So…I turned 29. One year left of my 20s, and I do think I have been overthinking a little. It does feel like I’m coming to the end of an era, plus Jared and I have recently decided that we can no longer refer to ourselves as a ‘young couple’ – it doesn’t seem right. It’s not all doom, gloom and wrinkles though, according to the internet, our 30s are the best years of our lives, so I’m going to try and develop some enthusiasm as they approach (swiftly).
To welcome this milestone in a year’s time, I thought it would be nice to write a list of things to do – a ‘thirty before thirty’. I turned to the internet for some inspo, but it seems that people are into designer handbags, designer shoes, fancy cars and ridiculous purchases. Seeing as though none of those are up my street, I’ve had to dig a little deeper than I anticipated.
Here is what I came up with:
- Make a dress to wear.
- Go on a girls weekend away.
- Start looking after my skin a little more.
- Have a party (for my 30th). This scares me, no end.
- Read the top 5 best English novels.
- Complete a triathlon.
- Have a full body massage.
- Complete our family photo books.
- Learn how to crochet properly.
- Lose every scrap of baby weight.
- Have blonde hair.
- Wear a dress every day for a week.
- VIsit a new country.
- Go surfing.
- Give something up for 30 days.
- Eat out for breakfast.
- Attend a festival.
- Learn how to make macarons.
- Learn a tricky piece on the piano.
- Go camping.
- Have a go at meditating.
- Find a perfume I love.
- Go to a music concert.
- Take a short course. I’ve always fancied trying calligraphy.
- Become better at talking to new people.
- Wear my hair down for a week.
- See a podiatrist.
- Be able to do 30 press ups in one go.
- Make our garden look beautiful.
- This is up to my lovely readers – I’d love your suggestions. Send some my way, and I’ll choose one of them!