The sun has returned this week and I have loved going out for walks with the double buggy. Ru hops in and out, Win is usually on his scooter (always stopping to go down ‘his ramp’) and O sat there looking at everything. I have some cousins visiting from America, and Win’s cousins are over from China, so we have been totally spoilt seeing some very special people this week. It has been wonderful, and all of a sudden I’m not feeling so nervous about 6 weeks of summer with three.
July is my birthday month and I’m starting to feel old. Kind of feeling that I need to put a ’30 before 30′ list together – I only have just over a year left. Turning thirty feels, by far, my biggest age milestone. We had a family photoshoot today, so I’m excited to share some pictures with you once they’re back.
Here is what I’ve been up to this week:
- Baby books – I really try to keep the boys’ baby books up to date. Things change so quickly, and I really don’t want to forget things. I bought books for Win and Ru before they were born, but this time around I couldn’t find one that I really loved. My lovely friend bought me a scrapbook from Paperchase, and it was perfect to use for O’s baby book. This week I have started sticking things in, and writing about our first few months together. All three boys also have a box that I keep their memories in – Win absolutely loves looking at all his baby things. Every few months Jared and I both write an email to the boys, print it off and stick it in. These are always written first person and include likes, dislikes and a little personality update. Things that are too personal to share on here.
- Stitch + Forage – I loved reading this post on Mel Wiggins. She always writes about such beautiful and inspiring projects. Stitch + Forage is an online ‘Guide to Natural Summer Living on a Budget’, which includes PDFs, tutorials, resources and printables. It aims to create summer memories that you will treasure forever.
- 30 Days of Rewilding – Another project that Mel shared in her post. ’30 Days of Rewilding’ is a book written by Lucy from Lulatastic, aimed to help families bloom through finding their place in nature. I’ve downloaded the Kindle version and I’m really excited about it.
- Clarks desert boots for boys – I’m a big fan of Clarks desert boots for my boys. They are classic, and I like to buy mine from ebay. I won a pair for £0.99 this week, and they have only been worn once. It felt criminal.
- Flashing toothbrush – Rufus is (and always has been) horrendous when teeth cleaning time comes around. He screams the place down, and often has to be pinned down. On a whim I bought a toothbrush that flashes red for two minutes when you start brushing…and miraculously he no longer screams. May it continue.
Have a very happy weekend!