The sun has appeared again this week, and it has been amazing (albeit sticky). I have loved walking the mile or so into town with the double buggy, wandering round and taking in the smell of summer. We’re heading to London this weekend as a very last minute birthday treat for Jared. I will be popping along to BritMums Live too. I love being in London, so I’m really excited.
Here is what we’ve been making and discovering this week:
- La Redoute homeware – A bit late to the party, but I discovered this week that La Redoute sells homeware items. There is a big sale on at the moment, so click and have a little look.
- Gluten free (but not sugar free) battenburg cake – Jared’s favourite cake in the world is battenburg, so I baked him one for his birthday. I used this recipe, and he really enjoyed it, but I think it could have looked better.
- Strawberry and rhubarb crumble – We went strawberry picking this week and my in laws gave us some rhubarb (which I love). I’m going to make this crumble next week. I love a crumble.
- Presents for teachers – I have always felt a bit weird about buying presents for teachers, but now Win is due to leave nursery in a few weeks time, (and has two teachers he adores), I think it would be lovely to say thank you. I bought these mugs for 99p and am going to make them into candles – I didn’t really know what else to do?
- Doorstep garden – Our little doorstep garden is thriving, and I think we’re going to have to think about planting them in the ground soon. The courgettes are doing great. I’ll get sad when it’s not there any more.
- Sofa rockets – Every day this week the boys have made a sofa space rocket. It’s usually at the most inconvenient times, but I love listening to them. They always speak in very deep, serious voices.
Have a really great weekend!