I’d always planned on having Thursday as our ‘day out’ day, but when Thursday comes around I find that Winston wants to stay in. He has football, nursery and playgroup on the other days, so it is completely understandable that he wants to stay in and play with his own toys. As the weeks have gone by it has turned into a bit of a craft day, and sometimes we watch a film in the afternoon just to give everyone a bit of space. I really hoped to paint the pallets for my living wall this week, but the weather has been totally miserable here in Yorkshire.
Here is what we’ve been up to:
- Birds – I’ve mentioned before that the boys get the RSPB magazine with the wonderful name, ‘Wild Times’. The boys love having a good look at it and having a go at some of the craft projects. This month there were some bird templates and the boys enjoyed decorating them. I used the glue gun to attach the lollipop sticks and the pom poms. Ru’s ended up having a lot of eyes and legs.
- A life size baby O – Win has been working on this all week, and he is pretty pleased with himself.
- Peg dolls – Yesterday we watched ‘The Incredibles’ in the afternoon, and then decided to make the whole family out of wooden pegs.
- The Nature Explorer’s Handbook – We received this in the post this week and it really looks fantastic. From collecting feathers, to bones, to seeds, to bugs. I’m excited to get started.
- Bake My Day – This is one for locals – it is a gorgeous, gorgeous little cafe in Castleford. I’m looking to order some cakes for a family occasion, and one evening I’m pretty sure I spent an hour just looking at cakes on their Instagram page. They do such unusual and crazy flavour combinations!
And that’s it for now…enjoy your weekend!
Fabulous crafts. We love the peg men! Angela xx
Thanks Ang! x
Love these crafts! my kids would love them! we made some wooden peg ladies the other day too, YM made our family too 🙂 That nature book sounds lovely, we have a couple of nature books and the girls always love to go on ‘nature warriors’ as a family 😉 lol Love the sound of that cake shop, yum!
I love the term ‘nature warriors’. I think it’s brilliant! We’ve started sticking bits in already, it covers seeds and bones too which Win is particularly excited about! x
Oh my word, the life size baby O is amazing, Win it’s so talented!
Haha! I did think it was a pretty good idea, but I don’t think baby O ever imagined being accustomed to such random goings on xx