We’re really going to try and get our garden sorted once and for all this summer. Last year we dug up the whole garden, planted a lawn and built a fence, so now I’d like to make it a more functional space. A little area to relax, plant some flowers, replace the shed, make it look pretty and finally get some chickens. We don’t have masses of space, but I want to make the most of it.
This is more of an ideas post, rather than things I’ve made:
- Chalkboard planter – I love this chalkboard herb and salad planter made out of a wooden pallet. It is so easy and cheap to make. I managed to pick up two for free the other day, so I’ll probably start on this next week.
- Pallet seating – On holiday we ate at very sweet café and I loved everything about the décor. I don’t know if it would work in our garden, but I love that it can be chopped and changed around easily, depending on the function. It’s also very laid back (literally).
- Teepee – I’ve always loved the idea of having a teepee to create a little hideout. Either to use indoors, or outdoors. I bought the canvas a few weeks ago, I just need to set aside a few evenings to make it.
- Children’s picnic bench – I was at one of my sister’s homes this week, and she’d just bought this lovely picnic bench from IKEA. It is the perfect size for 5s and under. I’m going to pick one up next time I visit IKEA.
- Painted pots – Adding some colour by painting terracotta pots. These are some I spotted on holiday. They do look so pretty when the sun is shining.
- Coffee sacks – For upcycling and creating seating. I found this website that sells lots of vintage ones. I love the look of them.
- Big Wild Sleepout – The RSPB holds an annual Wild Sleepout at various sites in the UK. I think it sounds like so much fun.
- A hammock – In my dreams!
It’s the weekend. Have a good one!
Oh I love all the things people make out of pallets, that planter is fab. Don’t rule out a hammock, you can pick them up really cheaply, even with a frame. I used to have one in a frame in my back garden. One day I’m going to have one hanging between trees but it’s a little way off yet!
Pinterest is amazing for pallet makes isn’t it? Absolutely brilliant! The hammock dream is still alive…for both of us! x
Love all these ideas – especially the painted flower pots! We’ve just finished some garden updates and i’m loving spending time out there x
It becomes another room of the house doesn’t it? One that is peaceful and open. I love spending time in my mum’s garden. It’s beautiful, and I hope I can feel that about mine some day soon xx