Jared has been off work most of the week ill, and as a result the whole week has felt abnormal. I don’t think it has been particularly restful for him, as the four of us have been in and out of the house – making lots of noise and mess! Let’s face it – peace and quiet is near impossible with three little ones, but there wasn’t really a solution.
This is what we’ve been up to:
- Window seat – I decided to make another cover for our window seat cushion, because our current one was looking very tired. I bought some thick white fabric from Ikea a couple of weeks ago. I finished it, ironed it and fitted it properly, to realise that I’d put the velcro at the front, rather than the back (so it was hidden). I couldn’t believe it, and I’m too annoyed to make another one. I don’t think it’s that obvious, but I feel a bit silly!
- Hemsley Hemsley blueberry muffins – Keeping slices of banana bread in the freezer for a quick snack came in handy last week, so I decided to make some blueberry muffins for this week. They are gluten free, sugar free, very easy and taste delicious.
- Jillian Michaels – I’ve felt ready to exercise for the last couple of weeks, and have started to make use of the evenings when Otto settles well. I have the ‘Ripped in 30’ DVD and have been really enjoying it. The workouts are only 20 minutes, and I already feel so much better for moving more.
- Nourish – My mum and sister came for dinner on Tuesday, and brought with them some treats for me – a chocolate avocado mousse and a raw cheesecake from Nourish in Leeds. I’m planning a lunch date with Otto there – followed by shopping, of course.
- The Great British Sewing Bee – Starts on Monday. I’m so glad one of my sisters told me about it. I usually join a few weeks late – but not this time people!
- Dungarees – Are literally my best friend at the moment.
Now…something for the weekend – a GIVEAWAY!
Every week Roman Blinds Direct throw away metres and metres of fabric offcuts. Whilst they strive to be as environmentally friendly as possible, it is impossible to reuse, recycle or donate all of their excess fabric. The excess fabric is perfect for arts, crafts and quilting, and this is where ‘Bundles Of Fun’ come in. I have three ‘Bundles Of Fun’ to offer to my readers – a bundle of beautiful fabric, in a range of colours, fabrics and patterns.
All you need is an email address to enter, just click on this Rafflecopter link.
Terms and Conditions
- The prize is to win 1 of 3 ‘Bundles Of Fun’ courtesy of Roman Blinds Direct.
- The giveaway will run for 7 days. Friday 13th May – Friday 20th May 2016.
- The three winners will be announced on my Twitter feed and I will contact you separately by email.
- The ‘Bundle Of Fun’ will be despatched within 1-2 days of receiving an address.
- If a winner does not respond within 36 hours, another winner will be selected at random.
- Unfortunately it is only open to those living in the UK.
If you’re not lucky enough to win this time – ‘Bundles Of Fun’ will be available to buy very soon. Good luck!
Many thanks to Interior Goods Direct for providing three ‘Bundles Of Fun’ for the purpose of this giveaway. .