Jared has been off work most of the week ill, and as a result the whole week has felt abnormal. I don’t think it has been particularly restful for him, as the four of us have been in and out of the house – making lots of noise and mess! Let’s face it – peace and quiet is near impossible with three little ones, but there wasn’t really a solution.
This is what we’ve been up to:
- Window seat – I decided to make another cover for our window seat cushion, because our current one was looking very tired. I bought some thick white fabric from Ikea a couple of weeks ago. I finished it, ironed it and fitted it properly, to realise that I’d put the velcro at the front, rather than the back (so it was hidden). I couldn’t believe it, and I’m too annoyed to make another one. I don’t think it’s that obvious, but I feel a bit silly!
- Hemsley Hemsley blueberry muffins – Keeping slices of banana bread in the freezer for a quick snack came in handy last week, so I decided to make some blueberry muffins for this week. They are gluten free, sugar free, very easy and taste delicious.
- Jillian Michaels – I’ve felt ready to exercise for the last couple of weeks, and have started to make use of the evenings when Otto settles well. I have the ‘Ripped in 30’ DVD and have been really enjoying it. The workouts are only 20 minutes, and I already feel so much better for moving more.
- Nourish – My mum and sister came for dinner on Tuesday, and brought with them some treats for me – a chocolate avocado mousse and a raw cheesecake from Nourish in Leeds. I’m planning a lunch date with Otto there – followed by shopping, of course.
- The Great British Sewing Bee – Starts on Monday. I’m so glad one of my sisters told me about it. I usually join a few weeks late – but not this time people!
- Dungarees – Are literally my best friend at the moment.
Now…something for the weekend – a GIVEAWAY!
Every week Roman Blinds Direct throw away metres and metres of fabric offcuts. Whilst they strive to be as environmentally friendly as possible, it is impossible to reuse, recycle or donate all of their excess fabric. The excess fabric is perfect for arts, crafts and quilting, and this is where ‘Bundles Of Fun’ come in. I have three ‘Bundles Of Fun’ to offer to my readers – a bundle of beautiful fabric, in a range of colours, fabrics and patterns.
All you need is an email address to enter, just click on this Rafflecopter link.
Terms and Conditions
- The prize is to win 1 of 3 ‘Bundles Of Fun’ courtesy of Roman Blinds Direct.
- The giveaway will run for 7 days. Friday 13th May – Friday 20th May 2016.
- The three winners will be announced on my Twitter feed and I will contact you separately by email.
- The ‘Bundle Of Fun’ will be despatched within 1-2 days of receiving an address.
- If a winner does not respond within 36 hours, another winner will be selected at random.
- Unfortunately it is only open to those living in the UK.
If you’re not lucky enough to win this time – ‘Bundles Of Fun’ will be available to buy very soon. Good luck!
Many thanks to Interior Goods Direct for providing three ‘Bundles Of Fun’ for the purpose of this giveaway. .
I’m very jealous of your window seat! I’d love one in our bay window. I’m also in awe at your domestic goddess abilities. If my husband was ill for a week I would be hanging on to my sanity by a thread and you’ve managed to make a cushion cover, exercise and bake muffins! To be honest I don’t manage to do those things even on a normal week. You’re a hero!
Louise! I doubt that very much! and thank you for your lovely comment xx
I would love to make a teepee for my girls to play in this Summer – it would be perfect for the garden! Than you!
Oooh Esther, are you going to reminisce your Leeds lunchtimes? I miss mooching in the afternoon!
Couldn’t pass up on a chance of a fabric giveaway! 😁
Lou! I went into Leeds last Saturday for the whole morning and it was bliss! xx
Some new cushion covers to brighten things up.
My mum and I make all sorts- dolls clothes, little finger puppets, purses.
Lovely window seat! I’m still so impressed that you find the time for all this crafting!
Thank you Lizzie! Some weeks I do…some weeks I don’t. It’s all very opportunist! x
We have a new grandson due in 2 weeks so I’d like to make things for the nursery
That window seat cushion is lovely.. I think a fab patchwork seat & cushion covers would be great to try… blow those cobwebs of my sewing machine 🙂
Thank you for a chance!
i would make some lovely new cushions, thank you
Some new cushion covers
I would make some of these cushions they look amazing
Oh your window seat is just fabulous! And I love the idea of Bundles of Fun, I’ll be looking out for them when they’re on general sale.
Thank you so much. Yes! They should be available very soon xx
I’ve always wanted a window seat, how fab! i need to renew all of our cushions! x
They would be super easy to make Nat! and they update everything with minimal effort xx
The fabric would come in useful to help me finish the patchwork quilt I inherited from my Nana. It has fabric from the 30’s to the present day as it has been picked up and put down over time.
I would make some cushion covers to brighten up my room!
It would depend upon the colour palette that is availbel but probably cushion covers or maybe pocket holders for small items in the wardrobe or as a feature on a wall.
some fancy dress outfits xx
My daughter is learning to school now at High School so we could make cushions together
I would use them to make a baby play mat for my new nephew x
I would make a patchwork tablecloth and also want to make some curtains/blinds for my tiny bathroom windows
will make some funky clothes for grandchildren
Id make some new cushions
I would make some cushions for my bed 🙂
Combine some of the fabric with my own knitted pieces to create something unique
I’d love to make some bunting and matching cushions. Love getting the sewing machine out and my 6 yr old loves helping! Fingers crossed for winning fabric.
Make some new cushion covers
cushions and bounty
We need some colourful cushion covers for our lounge so this would be perfect
I have a forgeous little grandaughter and would love to make some heirloom items for her.
I’d make some covers for my cushions
I’d make some cushions for our very dark sofa
I will make lots of lovely bunting for my balcony! I live next to the beach and bunting looks lovely and bright and summery ☺️
I would make toys and dressing up toys with my boys
I would make some cushions – I have a window seat in my conservatory that needs cheering up and I would use the rest for my patchworking – always have to have some stitching going on and take it with me wherever I go