I feel like I’ve been a bit lazy this week – watched too much TV in the evenings and generally being clapped out by 8pm. I think it’s important to have a week like that once in a while. I feel that I notice the little achievements more, but maybe I’m just making excuses for myself? We thought Win had chicken pox, but three days later he seems fine and no more spots have appeared – I think we have escaped this time. But Jared didn’t escape a stomach bug, so that has been fun!
This is what we’ve been up to:
- Paradise Bars – I’ve made these a couple of times before and they are so, so gorgeous. You have to like dark chocolate (I used 90%) and coconut. They are an upgrade from dark chocolate Bounty bars, which I love! The recipe is from Hemsley Hemsley – The Art of Eating Well.
- Green Salad – This week lunch has been lots of greens and Tilda grains with tahini and lemon as a dressing. It only takes about 5 minutes to throw together and I really like it.
- Winter Garden – Last week I finished a book called ‘Winter Garden’ by Kristin Hannah. It’s about a Russian family living in Leningrad during the reign of Stalin. He ruled in terror and then the whole city was gradually cut off by the Germans. It’s told in a very unusual way, and is completely harrowing at times. I’m half way through ‘The Year of Living Danishly’ by Helen Russell. It is so interesting, and a lot lighter than ‘Winter Garden’.
- A loved reading this tip regarding teaching children to swim using flippers. Has anyone tried it? I would love to know.
- Swimwear – I did a post on swimsuits earlier this week as I’ve had a bit of a window shopping binge in preparation for our holiday. I bought the boys a rash vest each, and I went for bright so they will be easy to spot on the beach.
- Dinner time – I’ve been a bit naughty this week and sometimes eaten my dinner when the boys are in bed. Dinner time is always a bit stressful and Win and Ru always seem to need the toilet twice each. Any one else’s kids? Ru needs assistance and often I’m feeding O. I hate the thought of not eating with them, but I think it has been for the best this week. I am up and down like a yo-yo.
- Killer Women – Jared and I have been watching this on ITV. I always believe everyone, so I go in constant circles working out who is lying and who isn’t. I must be annoying to watch it with. I annoy myself!
Did anyone watch The Great British Sewing Bee? I love seeing what fabric the choose and their thought processes. Everyone is so different and I love it.
Have a lovely weekend!