I’ve been a bit distracted this week, as I’ve had packing for our holiday on my mind. I’m worried I’m going to forget something major, and I’m feeling a little apprehensive about the flight. It could be fine, but it could be a nightmare – I’m sure there will be moments of both. My job this weekend is to load my Kindle up with books to read in the evenings.
Make wise – I would love to make some clothing for myself sometime soon, but I can’t see it on the horizon, just yet. Here is what we’ve been up to:
- Monkey nut knights – These were taken from my favourite crafting book ‘Red Ted Art’. It was one of those moments I think to myself: “I never imagined I would one day be painting monkey nuts”. Win really wanted to make them so he can story tell.
- Superheroes – This is what Ru chose to make (or wanted me to make rather). Win decorated the red one, and Ru’s is the pink one.
- Hairy Biker’s chicken curry for a crowd – Jared’s mum makes this often when we get together and it is really yummy. It has mango chutney in, which I love.
- PAFRAS – If you are local to Leeds, this is a charity collecting items for refugees and asylum seekers. I dropped some hygiene items off that our church group had collected, and managed to speak to some of the staff. They are always (and always will be) looking for donations. If you are interested, let me know and I can email you the list of items required.
- ZARA – I am loving just about everything in ZARA at the moment. I bought a few holiday bits earlier this week, but I probably could have bought the whole shop!
- Omelettes – Slightly random, but a friend of mine came over for the day and she said that she always finishes her omelettes off under the grill. I have always just flipped mine over. I’ve started finishing mine off under the grill now because it makes them fluffier. So my question is: ‘How do you do yours?’
Enjoy your bank holiday weekend!