A four day week is always welcome, and we had a really lovely bank holiday weekend with family. On Monday afternoon we went on a bike ride with my family – it was a little windy, but the sun was perfectly bright and warm. Rufus was very squashed next to O in the trailer, but thankfully he didn’t seem to mind.
Here is what I’ve been loving this week (aside from the glorious sunshine):
- A patchwork handkerchief throw – I have had this project on my radar for a while – I think I bought the vintage handkerchiefs 6 months ago. This lovely throw (or picnic blanket) is a very lazy way of making a brightly coloured quilt. It is 12 vintage handkerchiefs mounted onto 12 squares of fabric. They are sewn together and then it is backed with cotton. It was such a quick project, and I love the end result. It’s meant to be imperfect. I used fabric from the bundle I was sent by Interior Goods Direct last week.
- Charity shopping – Once a month (or so) I do a quick round of the local charity shops when my eldest two are at playgroup. I’m mainly on the lookout for books, but this week I found a pretty plate and bowl too.
- Rhubarb candle – I picked this up on a whim at our local M&S and I think it is my favourite ever candle scent. It is so fresh and delicious – but I do love rhubarb. I’ve been lighting it before we put the boys to bed, so that when I come downstairs, it smells gorgeous.
- The Wonder Weeks App – My very lovely friend reminded me of ‘The Wonder Weeks’, and I promptly downloaded the app so I can keep track of O’s ‘leaps’. I’ve written about them once before, and I think it is utterly fascinating.
- Online food shopping – I’ve ‘discovered’ that online food shopping is my new best friend. For now, it is working for us – it makes it so much easier to remember everything and stock up on items like nappies, shampoo and toilet roll.
- This post wouldn’t be complete without mentioning food. I tried making Deliciously Ella’s shepherd’s pie (available on the app) and Hemsley + Hemsley banana bread. Both of which were enjoyed very much. I sliced the bread up and placed it in the freezer for when I need a snack.
Hope you’ve had a great week!