I’ve stayed in most of the week due to potty training Ru, which I think he has cracked. It’s amazing how quickly they get the hang of it, and I don’t think there are many things cuter than a toddler bum in pants!
I don’t feel like life has changed too much since having Otto – I just have a few more frantic moments during the day, but after a few minutes everything is ok again. It’s working out who to deal with first. My mum came over one day and I was telling her how I was feeding Otto whilst holding Ru’s willy over the edge of the toilet. We couldn’t stop laughing! Sometimes I do think to myself – what on earth am I doing?
Here are a few things we’ve been enjoying this week:
- Seeds – we planted some courgette and pumpkin seeds and I am really hoping that they grow. In the past we’ve planted lots of seeds and then just lost track. This year I’m going for quality, not quantity, and have used seeds that I know will grow! Fingers crossed.
- Rhyming Game – Win loves writing and reading and I haven’t really known where to go with it. My sister is a teacher and she suggested making a little rhyming game to encourage talking about words and sounds. He has to read the words and then choose the odd one out. So simple and he seems to love it.
- Fabric – I have been sent some fabric by Interior Goods Direct to get crafty with. I haven’t had my sewing machine out for ages and this is the motivation I need to make something.
- Baking – a lovely friend came to bake with the boys last Saturday afternoon. We baked oatmeal and raisin cookies, lemon drizzle cupcakes and some traffic light biscuits that the boys have been nagging me to make for ages.
- i-escape – I know a lot of you will have heard of i-escape before, but we booked a family holiday through it this week, and it really does have some amazing places to stay.
- Henry VIII and His Six Wives – Jared and I have been really enjoying this series on Channel 5. We also loved watching the five episodes of Thirteen a few weeks ago. It was so good.
Enjoy your bank holiday weekend!