I’ve stayed in most of the week due to potty training Ru, which I think he has cracked. It’s amazing how quickly they get the hang of it, and I don’t think there are many things cuter than a toddler bum in pants!
I don’t feel like life has changed too much since having Otto – I just have a few more frantic moments during the day, but after a few minutes everything is ok again. It’s working out who to deal with first. My mum came over one day and I was telling her how I was feeding Otto whilst holding Ru’s willy over the edge of the toilet. We couldn’t stop laughing! Sometimes I do think to myself – what on earth am I doing?
Here are a few things we’ve been enjoying this week:
- Seeds – we planted some courgette and pumpkin seeds and I am really hoping that they grow. In the past we’ve planted lots of seeds and then just lost track. This year I’m going for quality, not quantity, and have used seeds that I know will grow! Fingers crossed.
- Rhyming Game – Win loves writing and reading and I haven’t really known where to go with it. My sister is a teacher and she suggested making a little rhyming game to encourage talking about words and sounds. He has to read the words and then choose the odd one out. So simple and he seems to love it.
- Fabric – I have been sent some fabric by Interior Goods Direct to get crafty with. I haven’t had my sewing machine out for ages and this is the motivation I need to make something.
- Baking – a lovely friend came to bake with the boys last Saturday afternoon. We baked oatmeal and raisin cookies, lemon drizzle cupcakes and some traffic light biscuits that the boys have been nagging me to make for ages.
- i-escape – I know a lot of you will have heard of i-escape before, but we booked a family holiday through it this week, and it really does have some amazing places to stay.
- Henry VIII and His Six Wives – Jared and I have been really enjoying this series on Channel 5. We also loved watching the five episodes of Thirteen a few weeks ago. It was so good.
Enjoy your bank holiday weekend!
That manic situation with multi tasking a wee I know what you mean! Phoenix has decided he wants to be ‘dry’ now which is fab, but when one baby is feeding, he needs a wee on the toilet, and the girls will be asking to craft, bake or for something – ah! I think to myself the same thing… must be bonkers haha.
we’re currently watching our sunflowers grow, one for each little one and we can’t wait to see how they progress. I want to plant more too, we’re also in the middle of re-doing our back garden so should be fun. Those traffic light biscuits look great, mine would love them! Yes with the fabric, I need time and motivation to get crafting again! i miss it! That word game looks great, YM is really into word formations and spelling now, its amazing how fast they learn. xxx
It does take multi tasking to a whole new level. I love that you have planted sunflowers for each of them – I may have to do that. Our back garden is in need of some TLC too. Last year we made major changes and this year it needs organising and prettifying. I’ve started doing a few crafty things again and it feels so good xx
Oh eek, how many courgette seeds have you planted? I planted 12 one year and they all took. I’ve never seen so many courgettes. We were filling 4 carrier bags a day with them. I think I gave courgettes to everyone I’d ever met.
We have planted 12 courgettes and 12 pumpkins! Ooo errrr. We could be in a similar situation! My mum had millions of courgettes last year and gave me a few every time she came over. I think I exhausted the whole internet for courgette recipes. They are surprisingly diverse! xx
Yay well done little Ru! Love seeing them in their 1st pants, very cute. And I laughed my head off thinking of you feeding and toileting…too funny. That game looks great and I hope your seeds flourish. I think we may have to do some planting this week too, great idea. The fabrics look beaut xx
Thanks M! I hope they grow too – the boys are excited! xx