I feel like I have been settling back into normality this week and am starting to find a new rhythm. I’ve had a few evenings back, which means I’ve had time to have my thoughts to myself which I really think makes such a difference.
Here is what I’ve been making (and loving) this week – it’s quite a foodie one:
- Hot cocoa – I’ve found each time after giving birth that my body craves goodness and food packed with nutrients. It’s something I’m grateful for, especially when I want to get rid of my pregnancy chub (courtesy of mini eggs) and keep my energy levels up. A couple of evenings a week when I fancy a warm drink, I’ve been having warm cocoa – coconut milk, two teaspoons of raw cacao and a small squidge of maple syrup. It’s a hug in a mug.
- Green smoothies – Breakfast for me is always a bit rushed and I’ve had a green smoothie almost every day. Coconut milk, a ripe banana, a huge handful of kale or spinach and a tablespoon of cashew nut butter – the milk has to be cold! My parents bought us a NutriPro 1000 for Christmas and we love it.
- Black bean burgers – I’ve mentioned these black bean burgers before, as they really are quite tasty. I made a batch on Monday to keep in the fridge for lunch. I wrap them up in a huge lettuce leaf with a dollop of houmous and some red onion. I definitely find lunch the most difficult meal to remember to eat, so these have come in handy this week.
- Little Goldie – Another very lovely website for all things baby. Carefully selected items that you will be delighted to have in your home, with minimal effect on the environment.
- Hole & Corner magazine – I was sent a copy of the beautiful Hole & Corner magazine and have slowly been working my way through it. The whole magazine celebrates the process that true artisans go through to make a perfect product – one that is bespoke and appealing on so many levels. It’s not a magazine you can read quickly; as it gives such an intricate insight into the thought processes behind everything.
- Raising Boys – I’ve heard of the hugely popular book ‘Raising Boys’ by Steve Biddulph a few times and thought it was about time I read it, seeing as though I have three! I’ll be sharing a few thoughts on my blog soon – it was a really interesting read.
- I’ve added another book to my reading list this week – ‘A Year of Living Danishly’ after reading Hayley’s very persuasive post!
Have a lovely weekend – hopefully filled with sun!