This week I have started making the macrame wall hanging that I mentioned last week. It took me a while to work out how much cord I needed and where to start, but so far it is looking good. I’m about a quarter of the way through and have decided to do it a quite a bit smaller. I’ve been using YouTube to help me out with all the different knots.
Here is what else we’ve been making this week:
- Cotton pixie bonnet – I have so enjoyed knitting this bonnet second time around. It went far better than my first – I was left with only one incorrect stitch by the end that is conveniently hidden behind the button! The Etsy shop I bought it from has so many sweet little patterns.
- A snowman – Win was so proud of the snowman he built with daddy. Whenever it snows I get the boys dressed and out the door as soon as possible so we don’t miss it! Of course, it rained the rest of the day, but at least we’ll have a lovely snowman for a few days.
- Choc chip cookies – Baking on a Friday after playgroup seems to becoming a little tradition, especially if it’s cold outside. We made some Nigella choc chip cookies using gluten free plain flour and they tasted delicious…even though they look nothing like the picture!
- THE GRAY STORE. – A very, very sweet little online shop selling tees for children with an initial or number on, plus you can choose your fabrics. So simple, but seriously cute. Made in a Brighton studio, which is brilliant!
- Lots of gorgeous things for Mother’s Day – I wrote a post earlier this week with all my favourites on. So much beauty to behold.
Wishing you a delightful weekend!
I am off to look at The Gray Store, love a logo top – especially when it can relate to the kids! That bonnet is the cutest thing, I wish I had any creative talent for that sort of thing x
Thanks Donna! It’s such a lovely little shop! xx
The Gray store looks fab, And i’m loving the bonnets, i’ve started knitting one but I think I may have to start again! xx
It takes me ages to get into the swing of knitting! x
That bonnet looks gorgeous, I wish I could knit! Definitely going to check out the Gray Store also 🙂 x
I am most definitely not a knitter. I have to retrain myself every time I decide to make something! xx
I’ve just been reading through your blog and seen that you’ve written about my company The Gray Store 🙂 how funny! Thanks so much for the mention.
I’m going to start making the washing powder tomorrow X
You are so welcome! I’m pretty sure there will be an order coming your way very soon – once I’ve had my third! Such a lovely shop xx