When we first found out that the due date of our third baby was the same date as Win’s birthday I remember thinking how lovely it was. As we have neared the date of both events, I have realised that it really isn’t a lovely thought at all. Planning something simple like a birthday tea and a little outing has become a bit of a nightmare, and we’ve had to be quite organised…which really isn’t our forte. This weekend could be an eventful one, but I’m not getting my hopes up for the arrival of our baby – a week late would be considered early for me!
Win is desperate to make his own birthday cake so we’ll be attempting that on Saturday. He has chosen it from his book ‘You Choose’ and thankfully it doesn’t look too tricky. I hope the two of us can get it to remotely resemble the picture.
Anyway, without further ado here is what we’ve been making this week:
- Wall hanging – I have loved this little project. It’s very much like knitting and so easy to pick up and put down. I decided to do it smaller, but I really wish I’d done it bigger. Other than that – I’m really pleased with the outcome and I may well attempt one double the size when I get the chance. The hardest thing was definitely getting the tension equal, but the knots are so simple.
- DIY room spray – This week I put together a very quick and easy tutorial to make some spray using essential oils. I’ve been using it lots and even love spraying myself with it before bed.
- Dobble – I bought the game Dobble a few months ago after a lady at church told me about it. It’s a matching game aimed at ages 5+, but younger ones can play if you give them a little more time. It’s really simple and fun to play with just adults too. Win loves it!
- Crafts – the boys have been doing lots of painting and crafting this week. Nothing specific, just lots of glue, ribbons, beads and mess. It’s taken over a large part of the kitchen for most of the week. The two of them have serious love for pom poms.
- Grantchester – I’ve watched both episodes of Grantchester and I am loving it. I stumbled upon it completely by accident – so pleased. It’s a little darker than I expected it to be, but I can just about cope! I adore the costumes.
- Margaux & May – Not much use to UK dwellers, but Margaux & May sell the most stunning printed muslin swaddle blankets. I follow them on Instagram so I can look at all the delicious babies!
Have a happy weekend!