I’m excited to tell you about a ‘Nature Swap’ being organised by Lynn at Raising Little Shoots, as I think it is such a lovely idea. There is nothing better than receiving handwritten notes, letters, well thought out gifts and little treasures in the post. This is an opportunity to get your children involved – not only with sending a little love to a stranger, but with nature too.
The idea of a ‘Nature Swap’ was born after Lynn reminisced about the parcels her family would occasionally exchange with an American family, containing items collected for their nature tables. Your task would be to get outside with your little ones to collect interesting items to send to your partner (a minimum of six items). It could be an unusual feather, your child’s favourite leaf, a stunning shell, a beautiful stone or anything you deem as lovely.
- Register your interest for the project here by leaving a comment on the post.
- Sign up week will be 17th-23rd April.
- The following week you will be sent your pen friend’s details – then you and your children can get busy collecting treasures from your favourite nature spot.
- Once you have collected your treasures – pop them in a box and post them to your pen friend.
- Wait for treasures from your pen friend to arrive at your door.
- Let your pen friend know you have received your precious treasure.
I hope you have a lovely time collecting, exploring, posting and receiving with your little ones!
Please note that the last day for posting will be 21st May 2016, so please ensure this is workable before signing up.
Thank you Esther!
You are so welcome! x
This is such a lovely idea but I would never be able to get Athena and Troy to part with their treasures! x
Kids do get very attached to things don’t they? x
Oh I really like this idea. I would love to participate but I’m not sure I am organised enough to get around to doing it. I’m going to have a think about it and get back in touch if I think we can manage it.
Yes have a think and there is plenty of time to get involved too! x
oh I think we would love this.