Breakfast in bed and a card is as elaborate as Mother’s Day gets in our house, and I want to keep it that way. I would honestly be horrified if Jared bought me anything fancy or expensive – after all I’m not his mum, and what on earth do a two and three year old know about buying anything fancy? Becoming a mum is something I chose to do and I can’t bear the thought of doing things for the sake of it – it becomes meaningless. However, if the boys want to buy me anything lovely as they get older, well – that’s up to them.
Rant aside, I love making my mum feel special on Mother’s Day. For her gift over the last few years we have all written something down that we would like to do with her – it could be a bike ride, a walk, lunch together, going to the beach together or just going into town together. Then it’s our responsibility to make sure it happens. To this day she still gets breakfast in bed complete with a handwritten menu. I dread to think of some of the breakfasts she’s had to graciously eat over the years! Nowadays, they are a pretty good standard.
This post is really an excuse to bunch all the lovely things I’ve seen around for Mother’s Day…and who knows, I might get lucky for my birthday?
- MAMA gold necklace – I’m definitely suit gold jewellery far more than silver and I love this necklace.
- BLOOM & WILD subscription – this is such an indulgent gift, but how cheery would it be to receive seasonal flowers every month through your door? So much happiness!
- MAMA bag from Little Maldod – I’ve mentioned this sweet little bag before, but it’s perfection. My mum has often said that she loved it when we called her ‘mama’ as children.
- WOOL AND THE GANG knit your own clutch – a friend sent me the link to this amazing website and I can’t stop thinking about it. The concept is incredible. My favourite items are the hold tight clutch, the zigazig shopper and the piazza shoulder bag. I’m a little obsessed.
- GIORGIO ARMANI Sì Eau de Parfum – I’m a one bottle of perfume a year type gal, but I stumbled across this scent the other day and loved it.
- Delphina measuring spoons from Anthropologie – If I didn’t have young children I would definitely own these already. I do worry that they would be a little too beautiful to use – maybe I could just buy them to look at?
Happy Mother’s Day for Sunday, to all you lovely ladies.
This is not a sponsored post.