I’ve finally accepted that our baby is going to be as late as the other two, and I feel so much better that I’m no longer in denial…but hopefully by this next week I will be holding a new babe in my arms. We really should settle on a name. The sun has been making me so, so happy this week and here are a few things we’ve been up to:
- Candles – I always save the leftover wax from candles in our craft box and recently I’ve accumulated quite a collection. Win and I got to work melting the old wax and making new candles. Chopsticks come in handy to hold the wicks whilst they set.
- Gluten free soda bread – This is a recipe I’ve wanted to try for a while, but I just replaced the plain flour with a gluten free plain flour version and it worked perfectly. I might try a different flour next time (one with more taste) and add some herbs.
- Decorate your own robot – Win’s friend gave him this handmade robot for his birthday and he set to work decorating it straight away. I love how he has used the Tower of London for a mouth. It’s been out with us a few times this week. Such a lovely idea!
- Mini clay pot tutorial – I found this super easy tutorial to make some sweet clay pots. I really want to try it soon.
- Minimalist Baker – A zillion delicious recipes on this amazing website. All containing less than 10 ingredients.
- …and in complete contrast to the above (!)…a cake stall whilst wondering around York last Saturday we found this beauty. Isn’t it divine? All handmade and looking completely delicious.
Before we get ready for the weekend I wanted to ask those that enjoy reading my blog, and come here regularly to please consider voting for me in the MAD Blog Awards 2016. Anyone can vote, and it’s super easy – just click the above link. Don’t worry – it is not necessary to complete all of the categories – just the ones you think are appropriate.
Have a lovely weekend…and thank you!
So many cute ideas and crafts!!! I made soy candles with my eldest to give as teachers’ gifts last year and they went down a treat. I’d love to make my own soda bread, too. It’s one of my faves but I’ve never attempted it.
Gosh – what a brilliant idea! We are entering the world of school this year and that is such a good one. Thanks Rachel xx
Ah wow – thanks for including our clay pot tutorial in this lovely list. Some gorgeous ideas here, I’m feeling very inspired now!
You are so welcome – I loved it! xx
Those CAKES! I’m in awe of any cake at the moment! and baking them! love all of this, i definitely want to make some of those candles, I think my girls would love to get involved! I need to get making bread too, I am loving sour dough bread at the minute. xx
I know! Seriously amazing cake stall! Some people are so talented! xxx