In pregnancy the smallest things seem to make the biggest differences. I thought I’d put a short list together of things I find really helpful during pregnancy – a little essentials list:
- Maternity leggings – I bought some over the bump maternity leggings from H&M a few weeks ago and there is no going back to maternity jeans. Maternity jeans are fine for the first few months, but leggings are so much comfier for the later stages.
- Snacks – I always have to have some form of snack in my bag if I am out of the house. Oatcakes, a banana or a nak’d bar is what I usually carry.
- Water – I am terrible at carrying water with me usually, but when I’m pregnant I make much more of an effort. I imagine the little bean having a good swim around.
- A bra that fits – The array of bras I own in various sizes is ridiculous. I was smaller than before I had children after having Ru, and now I get measured regularly. It makes so much difference.
- Tissues – I always have to have tissues on me when I’m pregnant as I get a lot of nose bleeds.
- Maternity pyjamas – This is the first pregnancy I have owned maternity pyjamas and I must say it has been wonderful. My mum bought me this pair and another pair (that don’t seem to be available any more) from ASOS, and I love them both. I find ASOS great for maternity clothing.
- Extra pillows – I’m not sold on pregnancy pillows. I’ve tried a V-shaped one, a Dreamgenii and a long one. I think that a few extra regular pillows beats them all.
- Long showers – I don’t enjoy baths at all later in pregnancy – it’s uncomfortable to lie down and my belly ends up getting cold. I do love long showers in the evening and often I’ll sit at the bottom and relax for a few minutes.
- Comfortable shoes – this pregnancy I am loving trainers. I have a pair of New Balance, some adidas Gazelles and a pair of Converse. I am wearing them a lot and they are so comfortable.
- Layers – I am often really warm when I’m pregnant, but I hate getting cold too. Lots of light layers makes it easy to adjust.
- A dress – One that is comfortable and you enjoy wearing. I love my Isabella Oliver one that I bought this pregnancy. It doesn’t hang in the wrong places and the jersey is such good quality. It keeps it’s shape perfectly and the sales are usually quite good.
- Pregnancy vitamins – Essential for the first trimester.
- Olive oil – I use this at the very late stages of pregnancy when my bump starts to ache at the end of each day. I just rub some on my belly before bed time.
- Early nights – no explanation needed.
What did you find indispensable during pregnancy?
This is not a sponsored post.