I have not known what day it is without asking someone, or looking it up for almost two weeks now. We came home today and the boys were in bed super early after days of seeing family and doing many out-of-routine things. We spent the last day of 2015 on the steam railway with family – an outing I particularly love. We also spent a very windy afternoon at the beach and ate fish and chips, Win and Jared went to see a pantomime, Jared and I got to see Star Wars (which I enjoyed very much) and we managed to attend the theatre too.
I also ate an awful lot of chocolate!
I love looking back on the post that summed up our 2014, so I wanted to take the opportunity to review our 2015. So here goes…
Thankfully, Ru did start sleeping through, and he has very much become a walking, talking toddler. We found out we were expecting our third baby boy, and it has been such a relief that Win loves nursery. We spent just over two weeks in China visiting Jared’s brother, and had a couple of days in London. Jared and I visited Krakòw and we had a brilliant time at North Star Club recently. We went on our first ‘camping’ trip and one of my sisters got married. I also had a weekend in London with friends.
Fairburn Ings, Beningbrough Hall, Lotherton Hall, The National Railway Museum, Newby Hall and Nostell Priory have become some of our favourite places. New discoveries include Rainbow Factory in Leeds, Valley Gardens in Harrogate and DIG in York.
My most popular posts this year were:
- Being married
- Being naive
- Casually styling ‘MOM’ jeans
- Being shy and getting over it
- Glamping at North Star Club
- Our third baby is…
- Christmas and our boys
Other very popular posts were:
- Why I’m a Mormon and why I love it.
- 27 weeks pregnant
- …and then there were five
- Why I like my babies to arrive in spring
- Finding happiness in motherhood
My favourites to look back on:
- The nursery pick up
- Using my children to learn new things
- Things that make me happy
- 26 hours in Cambridgeshire
- An afternoon exploring
- Keeping things simple at 21 months
- I love Saturdays, with no plans at all
- A weekend with grandparents
- A steady January
A few things we’ve made:
- Planet mobile
- Two boys, two outfits
- Activities to welcome spring
- Easter crafts
- Courgette cake
- Two capes
- Market apron
- Felt party hats
- Upcycling a picnic basket
- Soya teacup candles
- Woodland garland
- Curiosity cabinet with Laura Ashley
Posts you may find useful:
- Creating a natural first aid kit for the home
- Lunch ideas for tots
- What’s new at Inside Out & About?
- Preparing for pregnancy
- My journey with clean eating
- Mum things I can’t live without
- Open ended toys
So far in 2016 we’re looking forward to a new arrival in March, and I have such mixed feelings about Winston starting school in September. It feels like he’s only just started nursery and with these two huge events coming our way…I can’t really think about much else. We’re hoping to slip a beach holiday in somewhere (with sun) and I’m hoping to focus on my creativity more. I’m also very much looking forward to sleeping on my front again.
Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy New Year!