I have loved taking part in #Littleloves over the last few months, but I would like to really focus on my creativity this year. As a result, every Friday I’ve decided to share things I have made and discovered during the week. It could be a new recipe, kids crafts, a sewing project, styling, or just something new I’ve discovered, and loved.
As it’s the first week of January this week is quite food based. I honestly think I have missed cooking as we spent so much time away from home over Christmas, so I’m sorry about that. I’m not sure what the format will be every week, but bear with me as I get organised.
- Macrame – I received a Geo-Fleur macrame kit for Christmas and Win and I had a great time making it. It was so easy (think friendship bracelets for adults) and I’m so pleased with how it turned out. I think it’s such a lovely little gift.
- Parrots – Win spotted these parrots on the wall in one of my interior design books. He really enjoyed making them – designing the parrot and then sticking on all the feathers. Win hasn’t been 100% this week and hasn’t been at nursery, so we’ve spent a lot of time indoors.
- Breakfast smoothie – Since becoming pregnant I have totally gone off porridge. I don’t know why – it’s nothing to do with the taste, or texture, I just can’t eat it and it’s really quite annoying. This smoothie is so quick to make and so tasty, that I happen to have had it every morning this week. The ingredients are: 1 banana, a large handful of kale, a teaspoon of cashew butter and 150ml of coconut or almond milk. Ready in less than 30 seconds!
- Buckwheat wraps – These are exactly the same as the buckwheat pancakes we eat on weekends, except they are used as tortilla wraps or burritos. It felt really strange having them at dinner time with chilli, but the kids loved it.
- Healthy banana bread – I’ve made this a couple of times over the last month to keep in the house for when the kids and I get peckish. We used this recipe, except used gluten free flour and it tasted yummy!
- Doodlepedia: Dinosaurs – Win received this ‘Doodlepedia: Dinosaurs’ from my parents for Christmas and he loves it…and so do I – it’s kept him busy for hours!
What have you been making this week?
I love the look of that food blog, lots of yummy healthy recipes. I will be trying out some of those! That banana bread looks tasty xx
It’s fab isn’t it? Yes – it tastes so good! x
Love this Esther. My mum was amazing at macrame and it’s something I’d love to try. I must give projects like this a try, I could do with tapping into my creative side! 😉 xx
Wow really? That’s amazing! It is so much easier than I thought it would be xx
We have that Dinosaur doodle book too but I think I enjoy it more that Lucas. Lovely to see what you’ve been making and the buckwheat pancakes and Breakfast smoothie sound good. Isn’t it funny that things you love you go off during pregnancy? I still can’t eat chilli after going off it when I was pregnant with the twins, hope it wears off soon! xx
It is so good isn’t it? I didn’t know he was a dinosaur fan, but apparently when he’s at my mum’s he can’t get enough of them. So funny! Oooooo I love chilli – that would be a hard one! I know – porridge of all things? It is such a cheap breakfast too! xx