I am such a home bird at the moment. Jared has been working a lot of evenings this month, which means after the boys are in bed I settle down crafting, listening to Kisstory and answering emails. Of course, I love it when he’s in, but I am far more productive when he’s out!
So without further ado, here’s what I’ve been making and discovering this week:
- Sewing machine cover with Laura Ashley – The tutorial to make this sewing machine cover was featured on the Laura Ashley blog this week. Along with the fat quarters I was sent a quilting kit which includes a self healing mat, a rotary cutter and a quilting ruler. I have been using it none stop to cut everything! Rotary cutters are such a huge time saver.
- Knitted baby bonnet – I’ve knitted a little hat for each of my newborn boys. I started it yesterday with a little help from my mum. I decided to go with this little pixie bonnet, except I will add a pom pom to the point, rather than a flower to the side. I am literally the world’s most basic knitter so I have started early to give myself plenty of time.
- A knight tabard – I bought a couple of leatherette scraps for £1 this week to make Winston a knight tabard for his birthday. It’s not finished yet, but it won’t take long as there is very little sewing involved. We bought a shield, sword and belt in Poland, but unfortunately we got the sword confiscated at security, so I need to sort out a replacement before March is here.
- Free printable gift tags – I thought these printable gift tags were a really sweet idea. I love thoughtful gifts and there are ten lovely hamper ideas for you to create. I’m not a huge romantic, but a little thought goes a long way doesn’t it?
- Felt tip pens – quite a random discovery this week – Stabilo Cappi felt tip pens. My mum bought Ru some for his birthday and I wanted to share how brilliant they are. I am forever picking pen lids up from the floor and these mean that it is no longer a problem. Such a simple idea, but so appreciated…especially when you’re pregnant and can’t bend down without looking like either a frog or a chicken.
Wishing you a happy and relaxing weekend!
This is not a sponsored post.