I’ve had my sewing machine set up all week dipping in and out on little projects every evening. I’m not the tidiest of crafters, so I tend to leave it out for a few weeks in our back room rather than tidy up after every session. I’m thrilled to be working on another project for the Laura Ashley blog. It’s something small, but sweet.
Here are some little makes and discoveries from this week:
1. Recovered a floor cushion for the new baby – I covered a dog cushion when Winston was born to use as a floor cushion. I found it so useful when I was in the shower, cooking, at church, doing jobs or even in the garden. It was looking a bit tired after being used by two babies (understandably) so I washed everything and made a new cover. The fabric is something I had on my shelf – it’s a little crazier than I would usually go for, but I quite like it.
2. Chocolate berry cake – I received the Anna Jones cookbook from one of my brother in laws for Christmas, and it’s brilliant. I love her approach to eating – it’s really considered and balanced. Winston chose this chocolate cake for Ru’s birthday cake and it is so full of goodness. It was denser than a normal cake, and oh-so good.
3. Buckwheat pizza bases – We love a homemade pizza in our house and I find that they really don’t take that long. This is the simplest gluten free base I’ve found to date, and I personally love the nuttiness of the buckwheat. Then it’s a case of shoving anything you can find in the fridge on.
4. Jericho – My mum told me about the TV series Jericho and I enjoyed the first episode. A lot happened and it was quite dramatic, but I think I’m going to like it very much.
5. Windram Design – I discovered Windram Design through Instagram and the owner Helen has the most gorgeous Etsy shop selling aprons, dresses, wall hangings, bags and other handmade items. It’s all so perfect.
…and that’s it for this week – have a lovely weekend!
Esther I need a lesson in homemade pizza 😊 I really want to make the big rectangular ones like you do please… Also that fabric is AMAZING wherever did you get it? X
They are so easy M! and so tasty! Mum gave me the fabric – I’ve no idea where she got it from! x
Loving this little round up. I’m getting more making done too and just attempted crochet this evening but I think I need to not leave it until this late as I got in a pickle! lol Love that printed fabric, I need to think of what to make next with my machine x
I cannot do crochet at all! Knitting yes, but I have tried crochet a few times and just can’t do it! So frustrating! x