I must confess I have never bought anything from Joules before, and when I was asked to pick a few baby boy items I thought everything would be obviously branded or look a bit too cool. I was so wrong and more than happy to be so! All the items are the perfect balance between playful and timeless. The prints are beautiful, stylish and bright, plus the cotton is the softest. Before having kids I worked as a childrenswear Merchandiser and I know a good jersey when I see one! I also love that any branding is discreet.
When I buy clothes for my boys I steer clear of anything cool or fashionable with huge logos or obvious brands. I have an aversion to both and I like Win and Ru to look like little boys, not mini adults. Another reason is because I want to prevent them from becoming ‘brand aware’ for as long as possible – it will happen at some stage, I’m sure, but it won’t come from me.
Comfort has to be the biggest factor though – minimal zips, snaps and soft fabrics. I hate the thought of them being restricted by clothing and a plentiful supply joggers ensure than Win doesn’t have to worry about making it to the toilet in new surroundings. Lots of their wardrobes are handed down from their (very generous) older cousins, but if I’m buying something new, it is usually from H&M or Mini Club at Boots.
Rufus doesn’t need any new clothes, so apart from one item, the rest will be saved for baby boy number three.
My picks from the baby boys’ 0-18 months Joules range were:
- An illustrated Quentin Blake babygrow – my absolute favourite!
- A sweet ‘I still live with my parents’ sweater and trouser set. Jared doesn’t understand it at all, but I really love it.
- A jersey trouser and top tractor set. If baby boy number three is anything like his brothers, he will love this!
- Stripes. There is something so lovely about stripes and the colours on this jersey tee are lovely!
- A twin set of raccoon and fox leggings. I love squidgy nappy bums – they are just the most scrumptious thing. All wrapped up in a raccoon or a fox – well, that would be irresistible!
I honestly couldn’t be happier with the clothing I received, and the best thing is that I know it will wash over and over again, and still look exactly the same.
A huge thank you to Joules for sending me these beautiful items to review, free of charge.