I feel really silly dedicating a whole post to podded peas, but Win is getting a lot of enjoyment out of them and I thought I would share it. He called himself ‘the podded pea expert’ the other day, which made me smile. I think he not only enjoys physically opening them, but the surprise of not knowing what is inside. We’ve been using them to do basic maths after he started asking me how to add up the number of peas on both sides.
Here are some of the things we’ve been doing with them, other than eating them, of course:
1. Lining them up shortest to longest, or longest to shortest.
2. Opening them up, counting the peas on each side and then adding them together by counting them.
3. Matching pods with the same amount peas together.
4. Finding pods with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 etc peas in and putting them in order.
5. Guessing by the size of the pod how many peas will be in there – not as easy as you’d think!
6. Win also likes setting up ‘odd one out’ for me to play.
Ru then force feeds me peas – usually mixed with a bit of mud for good measure.
Did you grow those? Wat better than any of my gardening attempts! Xx
Eeeerrrr – let’s not get carried away. Haha. We didn’t grow them! Maybe next year? 😉 We totally overhauled our garden earlier this year so it’s bare! xx