I would be lying if I said that I haven’t thought about Christmas – because I have. Jared’s brother now lives in China, so we have to be a little more organised. Plus, when you want to make lots of handmade items you need a bit more time to plan and prepare. I thought it would be quick and easy to find lots of handmade gift ideas, but they were surprisingly hard to find.
Here are my favourites:
All images are courtesy of Pinterest.
- Painted plant pots – so sweet and perfect to cheer up any house.
- A bowl made of jute – I’m sure mine would be a disaster but I love the brown and orange together.
- Candles in vintage tins – a welcome change from tea cups. Love these.
- Fabric covered wooden spoons – I’m not sure how practical these are but I adore them!
- Doilie bunting – cheap and so easy to make. I’ve already made a string of bunting for my sister for Christmas.
- Embroidery hoop artwork – the possibilities are endless with this book. Suitable for all crafting abilities.
- A button frame – I really like these. You can add all sorts – paper, maps and ribbon then get creative with shapes.
- Bulbs in a jar – this is a wonderfully simple thank you gift.
- Scented Epsom salts in a jar – for a relaxing soak in the bath.
Now on the lookout for vintage tins…and you must let me know if you have a go at any!