These are lovely topped with houmous, sliced avocado, tomato (or even tomato chutney) and a bit of rocket…shoved in a bread bun. Delicious! I’ve tried a few sweet potato burger recipes and this is a combo of my favourite ingredients. It does look like there are lots of ingredients, but most of them are herbs you’ll have stashed away in your cupboard.
1 large sweet potato grated (I leave the skin on)
1 tin of kidney beans drained
1 red onion chopped
1/2 courgette grated
1 carrot grated
A handful of fresh coriander
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp tahini
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp dried chilli
1 tsp paprika
Flour of your choice (I use a GF one)
Juice from half a lemon
A generous squidge of honey or agave syrup
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. The the method could not be easier. Shove everything – except the flour – in a food processor until it is all nicely chopped and combined. The mixture will be quite sticky but it should still hold its shape. You can refrigerate for a couple of hours if you want to so the flavours can mingle properly.
3. Mix in the flour with a wooden spoon so you can monitor the texture.
4. Once the mixture is firming up nicely ie. no longer sticky – you are ready to shape into patties.
5. Shape into patties and place on a baking tray.
6. Bake in the oven until golden on top and around the edges (about 30 mins). Depending on your oven you may need to turn them over. They also cook nicely on the grill.
Feel like I’m proper stalking all your recipes lately (trying to ‘eat clean’ and yours fit the bill). We just had these for tea – delicious!
I’m so glad you liked them! It’s what I make when I have loads of random vegetables left…the herbs can mask any strong tasting vegetable for kids! Lol. Isn’t blogging and social media all about stalking? I’m definitely a stalker! x