This photograph represents many of the moments in my life when I think to myself: “Esther, what on earth are you doing?”…but it’s too late to do anything sensible about it. 10 things you should know about this picture:
1. I did not check the weather before deciding to go on a bike ride. Winston was saying bike after he woke up for his nap (someone has changed their tune) and I’d told him we could go for a ride. I didn’t want to disappoint him.
2. I’m wearing a dress because my one pair of maternity jeans were being washed.
3. Winston’s helmet fell off on the way which resulted in the very uncool situation of being beeped at by a lorry driver and an embarrassing clumsy reverse maneuver. His chin is so ticklish that it takes an absolute age to put his helmet on properly. I need to be more vigilant next time.
4. My rain coat isn’t waterproof.
5. I forget I’m pregnant all the time!
6. Winston absolutely loves ‘our bike’ now.
7. Winston’s raincoat is two sizes too big but it’s the only one he’s got.
8. His feet are too small for wellies still and he can’t quite get the hang of jumping.
9. We hit Home Bargains for a chocolatey treat. 29p!
10. We had the most fun two hours out in the rain ever!!! We were both giggling lots.