I am in love with avocado. I only discovered it a few years ago and wonder what my life would have been like if we’d been united from birth – so different (not really but you know what I mean). I could eat it at every meal. It is so buttery and versatile. Perfect on crackers, beautiful in a chicken sandwich, divine in guacamole, delicious with poached eggs and gorgeous in this salad. Here is a salad recipe that I love:
- 2 handfuls of quinoa
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 tin a chick peas
- handful of spinach (or more)
- 2 spring onions
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- a handful of grated courgette
- fresh coriander (I love it so I use lots)
- lemon zest
- salt & pepper
- juice from one lemon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- a squidge of agave nectar
- salt and pepper
1. Rinse the quinoa then put in a pan of boiling water and simmer until it is nice and fluffy, which should take 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Whilst the quinoa is cooking place the avocado, spinach, lemon zest, salt, pepper & coriander in a food processor and blast until finely chopped.
3. Chop the spring onions, grate the courgette, halve the cherry tomatoes and drain the tin of chick peas.
4. Stir everything together once the quinoa has properly cooled and place in a bowl. I love chili too so I stir a load of flakes in.
5. For the dressing combine all the ingredients in an unused glass jar, shake and pour over your salad.
p.s. I may or may not have broken our camera again. Am I literally the clumsiest person ever? what a joke.