The past couple of weeks have been busy ones. I was a bridesmaid for one of my good friends last Saturday so in the build up I’ve been doing lots of sewing, crafts, arranging and general stressing out…all of which I took to my parents house. It was such a lovely day and well worth the fuss. She had a great time!
I’m now back living at our house as the bulk of the building work has been done, so it’s been copious amounts of late night DIY. Last night was night 5 and I laid some laminate flooring plus some sanding and painting. It’s a bit of a danger zone. We have a fridge and an oven but no cupboards, sink, hob, carpet, curtains, door frames etc and there is stuff everywhere. In a few weeks time it should look so much better – fingers crossed. I’m so glad the weather is fabulous as it makes it easy to out of the house all day.
I’m shattered and there is so much to do but we’ve done lots of lovely things too including:
– W had a lovely day at the beach with his cousins.
– W experienced bouncy castles on two occasions which he loved!
– We purchased a paddling pool. W would stay in there all day if we let him.
– W’s been in the garden lots with Granny eating strawberries and tomatoes.
– I went to see an outdoor production of Sense & Sensibility with my Mum and sisters which was great fun!
– Last Saturday we discovered there was a Last Night of the Proms evening at Pontefract Castle so went for an impromptu outing…with fireworks. Proceeded and followed by DIY of course!
– A fabulous day out at Newby Hall near Ripon with my parents. I would highly recommend it.
– Amazing food at my parents house. My Mum has a talent for rustling up a gorgeous feast when there appears nothing in the fridge. I don’t know how she does it!
– Possibly Ilkley Lido later this week!
Summer is so much fun!..minus DIY. We will manage to avoid it this weekend as we’re going to Northamptonshire for a History Event – wahoo! 🙂