Me: Avocado chocolate mousse?
Ferne: Yes! it’s gorgeous. You will love it.
…and I did!
My lovely friend Ferne came to stay for the weekend last year and with her she brought this gorgeous recipe for avocado mousse. It’s unusual, but is so scrummy and if you didn’t know it contained avocado you’d never guess. I love it when an ingredient is used for something so different to what we’re used to.
You must make sure that you refrigerate it for long enough – I promise it is worth the wait!
- 2 ripe avocados (do not risk using unripe ones – you will regret it!)
- 5 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp agave syrup (you can use honey but agave is much lighter)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (alcohol free)
- Adding a tablespoon of coconut cream also works well.
1. Blend all the ingredients together using an electric blender until there are no lumps.
2. Put into serving dishes.
3. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and top with flaked almonds if you fancy!
You’ll find you need to eat less to satisfy your chocolate craving…the following week I think I made it at least three times.
You must let me know if you give it a go, and it’s child friendly too.
Reblogged this on Fitness Kira and commented:
I’ve made this several times and it’s delicious. Instead of the agave though, I’ve substituted 3 dates. It is soooo yummy and healthy!
Hmm! Saw a link to this recipe on “Dinner with Herbs” blog – am going to try this right now! I feel like something sweet right now, but healthy, so this seems to be perfect! 😉 Thank you! Very nice blog by the way!