I am always on the lookout for healthy snacks and these spinach, cheese and courgette muffins are so easy to make. They are freezable, tasty, child friendly and healthy. They don’t require any fancy ingredients and provide a variety of vitamins, minerals, colours and textures. I started making them for our son from around 8 months old and he loves them.
Feel free to add any veggies that you have lying around in the fridge – carrot, onion, red pepper, mushroom and sweet potato would work really well too. They also work perfectly without cheese, as the egg binds everything together.
I hope your little one enjoys them as much as mine did. Here is what you need:
6 fl oz milk
5 fl oz olive oil
3 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
1 small courgette grated
2 chopped handfuls of spinach
1-2 tsp oregano
4 oz plain flour
4 oz wholemeal flour
2 tsp baking powder
salt & pepper
1. Fully combine wet ingredients in a bowl (eggs-spinach).
2. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients (oregano-salt&pepper).
3. Mix wet and dry ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
4. Places mixture onto prepared muffin cases.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 230 degrees Celsius.
Experiment with herbs to make it even more delightful!
Leave a comment